Many things can contribute to sickness: not eating a healthy diet, not getting enough exercise, not resting enough, not drinking enough water, not keeping up with normal bowel movements, spending too many hours at work and participating in stressful relationships. Any combination of these will take the body to a point where it is no longer able to have normal immune response. When the immune system can’t keep up, we feel run down, or get a cold or the flu, or internal functions begin to falter and we become diseased. We don’t have a gauge that registers our immune potential from day to day, so most of us are not aware of this reduced immune function.
Unfortunately, illness becomes our wake-up call. Sickness is the body’s way of telling you to pay attention, help it out, and that it can’t keep up with the pace you are setting for it. Your lifestyle, dietary habits, emotional distress or exposure to toxic agents at your work place have left your body vulnerable and weak. Listen to your body and help it. Don’t stop the process by stopping a fever or suppressing a runny nose. They are part of your cure!
Summary Points To Get You Back Up And Running Without Using Medications or Vaccines:
1. NO GUILT: Don’t dwell on the mistakes you might have made that allowed you to get sick. Take a moment to realize you allowed your body to get too weak to fight off the common germs. Now take steps to get better. Adding guilt to the equation will only make you sicker and prolong the illness. Take time to do something that makes you happy, something that makes you laugh and become care free about the current situation.
2. FAST: When you start to get sick, fast. Starve a fever, starve a cold, starve everything! The body uses energy to digest and eliminate waste and toxins. By not eating, you are allowing the body to direct all its energy to cleaning up the mess that made you sick in the first place. Pure water with fresh lemon and dark maple syrup or Grandma’s molasses is an excellent source of minerals and energy. It will supply most of what you need to keep your body healing. Make every glass of lemon and maple syrup fresh, don’t make a bunch up ahead of time, don’t use fake lemon juice. If you must have something more, cook vegetables and drink the broth (not chicken soup), or eat fresh, ripe fruits. For heaven’s sake, don’t eat junk food, meat or dairy. These foods cost the body a lot of precious energy. Sugar feeds infection and dairy creates more mucus.
3. REST or EXERCISE: Believe it or not, the body is sick because it is tired and waste has backed up. Give it a break if at all possible. *Although it may sound contradictory, some people need to exercise when they get sick. These are people with tendencies toward lymphatic congestion. If your lymphatic system is congested (generally because you lack exercise on a regular basis, perhaps because of a sedentary job) and you sit or lie around when sick, your body will take longer to process the toxins. Movement encourages the lymphatic system to cycle through and flush. You will know if you need exercise rather than rest if you can go for a walk when you are feeling sick and it does not wipe you out. If exercise makes you feel worse, rest. If it makes you feel better, do it again as able.
4. KILL THE VIRUS: Most fevers come from viral activity initiated by such toxins as staph, strep and pneumonia, which is what your medical doctor will tend to find. Most of these viruses reproduce in the ear or the throat. The first thing to do is put 3-5 drops of regular 3% hydrogen peroxide in one ear and lie with your head to one side, allowing the hydrogen peroxide to bubble in the ear for about four minutes. Then flip over and do the other ear. The 3% hydrogen peroxide you find at the drug store is all you need. Repeat that one to three times each day if you start to feel a cold or flu coming on, and continue each day until you think you have it fixed. To deactivate the virus in the throat, gargle with a tablespoon of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide several times each day. Although the peroxide is not toxic in small amounts, we still recommend that you spit it out after gargling, but don’t rinse your mouth with anything for a few minutes. If your throat hurts, suck on zinc lozenges throughout the day. They are available at health food stores. Make sure to do #6 below in addition to this. If you want a supplement product, my absolute favorite natural antibiotic is Silver Shield from Nature’s Sunshine. A teaspoon three times a day should do it although you can do a teaspoon every hour if it looks like the virus is taking over.
5. HELP A FEVER: A fever is the body’s natural mechanism for killing what caused the fever. To stop the fever is to stop the body’s natural immune process. People fear fevers, but there is little to fear about the average fever. Unless a fever starts getting above 104 degrees, there is really nothing to worry about. It actually takes a fever of 106 degrees to do any damage, and even at that temperature it is not harmful if you keep the head and brain cool with cold cloths. During the fever process, the body uses up its stores of iron. A teaspoon of Grandma’s molasses in warm water at least three times each day can restore the iron depletion and increase your energy. Because a fever is part of the cure, if you want to help the body heal faster, you can create an artificial fever by increasing the body’s temperature to help it fight off the germs. To create an artificial fever, take a hot bath with a minimum of one tablespoon of Liquid Detox in the water. Sit in the water, keeping it as hot as you can without hurting yourself, for 10 to 20 minutes. If you feel weak, have someone with you so you don’t pass out and hurt yourself. You may want some cold towels handy for your head if you start getting too hot or feel light headed. If you are feeling weak, drink warm-hot molasses water. When you get out of the tub, stay nice and warm, dry off, and wrap up in something that will keep you warm. Rest quietly or go to sleep. Let your body finish the job.
6. ALKALIZE. This section was copied from here >>. The flu, a cold, Influenza, any and all version of those need an acid environment to thrive or survive. That same acid condition is what allows cancer to finally form in the body as well. The following has shown absolute results not by fighting the flu but by alkalizing the body. This allows the body’s own miraculous potential to kick in with full force and cure you! Works every time …
- During the first day take six doses of half teaspoonful of Arm & Hammer Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water, at about two hour intervals. Make sure it is aluminum free soda.
- During the second day take four doses of half teaspoonful of Arm and Hammer Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water, at the same intervals.
- During the third day take two doses of half teaspoonful of Arm and Hammer Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water morning and evening, and thereafter half teaspoonful in glass of cool water each morning until cold is cured.
In order to secure the best results with Arm & Hammer Pure Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda) when taken internally, certain simple rules must be observed. Materia Medica, pharmacology and Therapeutics (Bastedo, Page 88) clearly outlines these rules to follows:
- “The effect of an alkali in the stomach will vary according to the nature of the stomach contents at the time of administration. In the resting period (after food is digested) sodium bicarbonate merely dissolves mucus and is absorbed as bicarbonate into the blood, to increase its alkalinity directly.
- “In the digestive period it reduces the secretion of gastric juice, neutralizes a portion of the hydrochloric acid, liberates the carminative carbon dioxide gas, and is absorbed as sodium chloride.
- “In cases of fermentation or ‘sour stomach’ it may neutralize the organic acids and so result in the opening of a spasmodically closed pylorus (the opening between the stomach and the small intestine); while at the same time it acts to overcome flatulency (accumulation of gas in the stomach and bowels).
- “The time of administration must, therefore, be chosen with a definite purpose. Usually for hyperchlohydria (excess of acid) one hour or two hours after meals will be the period of harmful excess of acid.
- “In continuous hyperacidity and in fermentative conditions a dose an hour before meals will tend to prepare the stomach for the next meal; or sometimes a dose will be necessary immediately after eating, because of abnormal acid or base having been present at the commencement of the meal. (For the average person one-half hour after meals is recommended).
- “A dose at bedtime tends to check the early morning acidity, or a dose on arising cleans the stomach of acid and mucus before breakfast.”
- Whenever taking a bicarbonate solution internally the soda should be dissolved on cold water.
- This is all very valuable information coming from the horses own mouth, the Arm and Hammer Baking Soda Company, which sells aluminum free baking soda. Clearly they knew what they had in their hands one hundred years ago; and its long use in medicine sustains the companies published medical views:
- “Besides doing good in respiratory affections, bicarbonate of soda is of inestimable value in the treatment of Alimentary Intoxication, Pyelitis (inflammation of the pelvis of the kidney), Hyper-Acidity of Urine, Uric Acid disturbances, Rheumatism and Burns. An occasional three-day course of Bicarbonate of Soda increases the alkalinity of the blood, assists elimination and increases the resisting power of the body to all Infectious Diseases.”
7. SUPPLEMENTS: There are all kinds of supplements for “keeping the immune system healthy,” and those are all fine, but the intestines should be the main target of cleansing. Keeping the intestines happy and healthy is essential to getting well and staying well no matter what your symptom or condition is. Keep taking Super Nutrient to ensure that your body is getting the required nutrition to heal. Use IC-1 as directed to keep the intestines moving happily and removing waste that might have accumulated in the intestine (add Bowel Stimulant if the IC-1 fiber is not enough to keep your bowels moving a couple times each day.) Add a couple of IC-2 capsules and a couple of Digestive Aid capsules three times each day if you have intestinal discomfort, nausea, diarrhea or feel poisoned in any way.
Helpful Tricks for Common Complaints
Clear your stuffed nose!
Forget Sudafed. An easier, quicker, and cheaper way to relieve sinus pressure is by alternately thrusting your tongue against the roof of your mouth, then pressing between your eyebrows with one finger. This causes the vomer bone, which runs through the nasal passages to the mouth, to rock back and forth, says Lisa DeStefano, D.O., an assistant professor at the Michigan State University college of osteopathic medicine. The motion loosens congestion; after 20 seconds, you’ll feel your sinuses start to drain.
Cure your toothache without opening your mouth!
Just rub ice on the back of your hand, on the V-shaped webbed area between your thumb and index finger. A Canadian study found that this technique reduces toothache pain by as much as 50 percent compared with using no ice. The nerve pathways at the base of that V stimulate an area of the brain that blocks pain signals from the face and hands.
Make burns disappear!
When you accidentally singe your finger on the stove, clean the skin and apply light pressure with the finger pads of your unmarred hand. Ice will relieve your pain more quickly, Dr. DeStefano says, but since the natural method brings the burned skin back to a normal temperature, the skin is less likely to blister.
Unstitch your side!
If you’re like most people, when you run, you exhale as your right foot hits the ground. This puts downward pressure on your liver (which lives on your right side), which then tugs at the diaphragm and creates a side stitch, according to The Doctors Book of Home Remedies for Men. The fix: Exhale as your left foot strikes the ground.
Stanch nose bleeds with a single finger!
Pinching your nose and leaning back is a great way to stop a nosebleed—if you don’t mind choking on your own O positive. A more civil approach: Put some cotton on your upper gums—just behind that small dent below your nose—and press against it, hard. “Most bleeds come from the front of the septum, the cartilage wall that divides the nose,” says Peter Desmarais, M.D., an ear, nose, and throat specialist at Entabeni Hospital, in Durban, South Africa. “Pressing here helps stop them.”
Make your heart stand still!
Trying to quell first-date jitters? Blow on your thumb. The vagus nerve, which governs heart rate, can be controlled through breathing, says Ben Abo, an emergency medical-services specialist at the University of Pittsburgh. It’ll get your heart rate back to normal.
Thaw your brain!
Too much Chipwich too fast will freeze the brains of lesser men. As for you, press your tongue flat against the roof of your mouth, covering as much as you can. “Since the nerves in the roof of your mouth get extremely cold, your body thinks your brain is freezing, too,” says Abo. “In compensating, it overheats, causing an ice-cream headache.” The more pressure you apply to the roof of your mouth, the faster your headache will subside.
Poor distance vision is rarely caused by genetics, says Anne Barber, O.D., an optometrist in Tacoma, Washington. “It’s usually caused by near-point stress.” In other words, staring at your computer screen for too long. So flex your way to 20/20 vision. Every few hours during the day, close your eyes, tense your body, take a deep breath, and, after a few seconds, release your breath and muscles at the same time. Tightening and releasing muscles such as the biceps and glutes can trick involuntary muscles – such as the eyes – into relaxing as well.
Wake dead limbs!
If your hand falls asleep while you’re driving or sitting in an odd position, rock your head from side to side. It’ll painlessly banish your pins and needles in less than a minute, says Dr. DeStefano. A tingly hand or arm is often the result of compression in the bundle of nerves in your neck; loosening your neck muscles releases the pressure. Compressed nerves lower in the body govern the feet, so don’t let your sleeping dogs lie. Stand up and walk around.
If you’re dying to retrieve that quarter from the bottom of the pool, take several short breaths first – essentially, hyperventilate. When you’re underwater, it’s not a lack of oxygen that makes you desperate for a breath; it’s the buildup of carbon dioxide, which makes your blood acidic, which signals your brain that somethin’ ain’t right. “When you hyperventilate, the influx of oxygen lowers blood acidity,” says Jonathan Armbruster, Ph.D., an associate professor of biology at Auburn University. “This tricks your brain into thinking it has more oxygen.” It’ll buy you up to 10 seconds.
Your own! “If you’re giving a speech the next day, review it before falling asleep,” says Candi Heimgartner, an instructor of biological sciences at the University of Idaho. Since most memory consolidation happens during sleep, anything you read right before bed is more likely to be encoded as long-term memory.